Go to footer

[Accepted] Application: Namastee

Applications, that already got accepted, rejected or canceled.

[Accepted] Application: Namastee

Postby Namastee » Sun 20. Dec 2015, 02:26

1.Some info about you:
Namastee: Jos, guy, 37, The Netherlands. Living together with my girlfriend, can often be found in close proximity of a computer.

2.Your contact data:
I haven't got a proper headset for TS or Skype. I usually don't use Skype, but my name should be GolezTrol, which is basically my nick name everywhere but on Teeworlds. It's even my nickname on hotmail.

3.Your previous Teeworlds career:
I downloaded Teeworlds in October 2015, because we wanted to play a little, easy to setup game over a crippled LAN. I never heard of the game before, but I liked it much because it looks and feels like a nice cross-over between Worms and Unreal Tournament. I now often play for a while when I get home from work to blow off a little steam.
My initial nick was GolezTrol, since that's the name I use everywhere online. However, in-game the name was associated with trolling, which led to some negative experiences due to misunderstandings, which is why I changed it to Namastee, a tee-e-fied version of the respectful Hindu greeting.

I've not been in a clan before. I was in a Quake clan in 1997 or so, but that was a formality, someone just needed an extra person to register a team, and I didn't even have internet at home. And I liked Duke Nukem 3D better anyway ;)

4. Maps you like to play often. Do you have a favorite position in CTF2 & 3? Which one?
I sometimes play DM or TDM, but most of the time CTF5 on any of the available servers. In the short time I'm playing, I turned out to be better at running than aiming, which is why I like attacking more, although I want to work on my aiming skills to be a better defender.

5. What do you do in your free time besides Teeworlds?
Playing guitar, although I'm not very good at that. But that's okay, I've got no intention to be a pro.
Reading a book in bed or during commuting. I prefer sci-fi and fantasy like Discworld.
I've got some carnivorous plants, which need special care, and sometimes I toy around with my Arduino.
I spend a lot of time online, contributing to various communities, most of them in the area of programming.

6. Any special skills besides Teeworlds:
I'm a programmer by profession, and I know a little Delphi, C#, PHP, JavaScript and some other languages. I contribute to StackOverflow.com on a regular basis.

7. Write something special.
I think I suck at gaming for the same reason I don't play guitar that well. Sometimes I think my hands are just out of sync, and I just press other buttons than I intend to or press them in the wrong order.
This used to be the case when trying to jump at the right moment in Commander Keen back in 1867 when I bought my first computer, and I still have that problem today. Nevertheless, I try to be persistent and become better at Teeworlds, so I can give some competition despite my 'handicap'.

8. Why are you willing to join this clan?
I was pointed to this website. I thought you had to be really good to begin with to join a clan, but I like this educational aspect of OtH, and I hope I learn some special skills.
And I see Apfeltee applied as well, who I have had a couple of friendly encounters with already.
Namastee
Casual poster
Casual poster

by Advertising » Sun 20. Dec 2015, 02:26

Advertising

Re: Application: Namastee

Postby deviltee » Mon 21. Dec 2015, 20:15

hey Namastee,

there was a problem with the release of your application. didn't even see you've written one until some seconds ago. I solved the problem and enabled your post.

your application is very nice, one of the best applications for a teeworlds clan, which I've read since years. we'll add u as soon as possible to our skype conversation group. so it would be nice if you could start again with using it. otherwise it will be hard to arrange games to play with you. try to be active and search for our members and supporters to play with them together.

I wish you good luck for your application time!
deviltee
Forum god
Forum god

Postby Rashu » Wed 23. Dec 2015, 23:12

Hi Namastee. Nice to see that you decided to make an application here. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play with you in the past, but I hope that we will change this soon.
Ah, and please change your clantag to OtH'.a - we will be able to find you much easier in game.

Good luck and have fun :)
Rashu

Postby rick » Fri 25. Dec 2015, 18:19

Hey Namastee! Welcome to OtH forum!
You've written a very nice application and I'm glad you have spent some time to get us know you better.
As Rashu told you, you can now use the app clantag and join our trainings (although we're a bit busy due to christmas break this week :D) on Saturday from 7 pm to 8pm. You're invited to find most of us on EVIL clanserver during the weekend and to join our skype conversation as well to call us (and to be called) for trainings and fun/clan wars from time to time.

Enjoy your application period and have fun! *sheep*
rick
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Namastee » Sat 26. Dec 2015, 01:18

Hi all, and thanks for the responses. I've changed my clan tag to OtH.a. I haven't met many of you, although I had the chance to meet mike239x today. I myself am also busy during the holidays, both with work (working for a retailer is always fun around Christmas), and with family gatherings. I do play, but just loose games here and there when I have time.

If I would go looking for you, how would I go about? Is there a server where most of you play or train, or do I just connect to any of the public servers and hope to find you? If the latter, which game types or levels would I have the best chances?
Namastee
Casual poster
Casual poster

Postby mike239x » Sat 26. Dec 2015, 19:50

Namastee wrote:If I would go looking for you, how would I go about?

Basically, you can search (filter) for clantags: evil or oth. + There is an evil clanserver, mostly we play/train there.
My codex: Be fair & polite!
mike239x
Casual poster
Casual poster

Postby Rashu » Sat 26. Dec 2015, 20:38

As mike mentioned, we play usually on EVIL server. You can meet us also on Aeon server (sometimes we want to play something but EVIL srv is full of random players). But in my opinion the best way to know who is online, or ask other people to play is chat on OtH skype group. I can add you there but first you have to accept my invitation (marcinq_7).

@ps adding [EVIL] and OtH clantags to friends list is also good option :)
Rashu

Postby rick » Tue 12. Jan 2016, 22:56

Congratulation Namastee, you made it! You can now call yourself OtH and can proudly fight side to side with your clan members. You will also have access to our intern section of the forum (that you are invited to visit and enjoy), our intern channel on Discord a̶̷n̶̷d̶̷ ̶̷t̶̷h̶̷e̶̷ ̶̷s̶̷e̶̷c̶̷r̶̷e̶̷t̶̷ ̶̷A̶̷v̶̷a̶̷r̶̷o̶̷n̶̷'̶̷s̶̷ ̶̷c̶̷a̶̷m̶̷ ̶̷s̶̷h̶̷o̶̷w̶̷s̶̷.
rick
Spammer
Spammer

Re: [Accepted] Application: Namastee

Postby Namastee » Wed 13. Jan 2016, 23:01

^^
Namastee
Casual poster
Casual poster