Go to footer

[Accepted] *le wild goat applies*

Applications, that already got accepted, rejected or canceled.

[Accepted] *le wild goat applies*

Postby goat » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 01:50

1.Some info about you:
Well, I am a random country bumpkin from a very small, unimportant village in Bavaria near Munich. My name is Korbinian (bavarian name, no one could spell it correctly whenever I came outside the german-speaking area :D). I 23, male and currently studying (meaning I have free time in the evening and sometimes during the day too).

2.Your contact data:
I have Skype (but I would have to dig deep to find my adress again).
Discogs is installed and works since a friend did a online session with Stronghold Crusader with me.
Can I connect to the server tomorrow? Actually I am tired and just here because I told rick I would apply now :D .

3.Your previous Teeworlds career:
Well, my first nick was nameless tee. :B
After a while of changing names frequently I played quite a while as dumdidum. That was when I applied for a clan whose name I forgot. I am sorry, but I know a few members been there, for example Mono and Fila (Monos voice was like a gorilla's Oo ). And I am not sure, but I think the clan started with C. I've been applying for about two months, then I had to write exams and stopped playing teeworlds a while. Half a year later I started again as goat, which I play until today. (I've been around as dumdidum for about a year and as goat for about two months now.)

4. Maps you like to play often. Do you have a favourite position in CTF2 & 3? Which one?
To be honest, I rarely play other maps than CTF5 (or ddrace-maps). One time I introduced a friend to Teeworlds and we were on a ctf2-map and I don't think I was too bad.

5. What do you do in your free time besides Teeworlds?
I am a fan of pyrotechnology, so don't dare to disturb me during the last three days of the year :P . During the year I like to learn new languages (atm I speak german and english fluently, Italian and Spanish and in the summer I start with arabian). On the other side I often work in my cellar with wood-manufacturing-tools, for example I've built my own furniture. To be honest I also am eager about electronics, especially microelectronics and I have the equipment for developing and producing my own circuit boards. Of course the most common electronic parts used in circuits are here too. :party:

6. Any special skills besides Teeworlds:
Yes, there exist some. I am pretty good at mechanics (have a own Vespa and do all the maintenance myself), am able to program microcontrollers with Bascom and am planning to learn Pascal to write my own windows applications for controlling microcontrollers with the computer.
As a student in a direction aiming at writing and designing professional documentation I am very good at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, FrameMaker and Premiere. On top of that I've learnt to use InkScape, GIMP, CorelCAD and Blender during my free time (or at my work experience).

7. Write something special.
Okay... why am I here? i am here because I've met rick, we found out that he is from Sardinia and I have been there this summer for four weeks, so we chatted quite a while about cheese with living worms, hiking places, sardinian beaches, big-boobed women who bring the beer at the Oktoberfest... *pedo* and it was pretty funny. <3

8. Why are you willing to join this clan?
I've met apfeltee sometimes, he played fair although we didn't have too much conversation. Then I've met rick and by a mistake rick posted an ad about OtH and (seriously!!!) two seconds later apfeltee joined the game. :D
I was not sure if I wanted to apply again for a clan, but this conviced me somehow and rick spoke from a nice community. (And he said chickens are welcome and goats will be milked *sheep* *pedo* ).

for all the tl;dr of you a short summary:
I want to join you!

goats,
Korbinian

*edit*
I did a bit research and the clan I have been applied to as dumdidum was record. ;)
May the goat be with you.
goat
Noob
Noob

by Advertising » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 01:50

Advertising

Re: *le wild goat applies*

Postby rick » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 16:35

Hello goat and welcome to OtH forum!
goat wrote:Yes, there exist some. I am pretty good at mechanics (have a own Vespa and do all the maintenance myself), am able to program microcontrollers with Bascom and am planning to learn Pascal to write my own windows applications for controlling microcontrollers with the computer.
As a student in a direction aiming at writing and designing professional documentation I am very good at using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, InDesign, FrameMaker and Premiere. On top of that I've learnt to use InkScape, GIMP, CorelCAD and Blender during my free time (or at my work experience).

Wow, this is impressive! And it means you could eventually give a big contribution to this clan in terms of graphic and geek stuff :D
+1 for that ^^

goat wrote:Then I've met rick and by a mistake rick posted an ad about OtH and (seriously!!!) two seconds later apfeltee joined the game.

I swear that was 100% unintentional, eventho some ppl out there won't believe it xD Btw, I'm happy it had happened ^^

However, I have a question for you? How comes your name, "Korbinian", means "crow like" and you are actually a goat? Are you a crowlike goat? A flying one? It sounds very suspicious O.o

goat wrote:(And he said chickens are welcome and goats will be milked *sheep* *pedo* ).

Prophecy.

Have fun during your application period and see you soon again in game :3
rick
Spammer
Spammer

Postby Stippler » Thu 25. Feb 2016, 20:25

Wow, nice application! I hope we can meet soon to play some games togheter ;) Maybe Saturday night? I think I will be available there, so I can show you how to beat the crap out of noobs on ctf3 (if you are interested).

GL and HF during your application time :)
Stippler

Postby goat » Fri 26. Feb 2016, 00:01

Thanks for the positive replies :D
had to work longer today :/

I am afraid I won't be at my computer this weekend because a good friend of mine from Berlin is calling :).

Why do you translate my name to crow-like? oO Watch videos of funny goats and you will understand me.

May the goat be with you.
goat
Noob
Noob

Postby Tan » Fri 26. Feb 2016, 14:27

Your application is well written, it was pretty much fun to read it. You seem to fit to the most important criteria, an overall nice behaviour. Skill is improveable, a nice character (most likely) not. So good luck for your journey, stay active and tuned and it won't be a bit of a problem for you to join OtH.
;)
Tan

Postby Namastee » Sat 5. Mar 2016, 17:53

Nice meeting you today! Too bad you killed me all the time! :mad: Nah, just goofing :B I enjoyed the game. You're maybe not as skilled as most players here, but probably still more than me -_-

Goat luck with your application! *sheep*
Namastee
Casual poster
Casual poster

Postby Stippler » Sat 5. Mar 2016, 20:08

I haven't seen you ingame yet, can you write me a message on discord? So I can text you if we play 3on3 or something like that?
Stippler

Postby rick » Sat 12. Mar 2016, 12:11

Hey Korbi, I'm glad to announce that after a successful voting, you goat accepted as an official member of this clan :)
You can, now on, set up the official clan tag, visit our intern forum, vote for applicants and stuff.
Welcome on board!
rick
Spammer
Spammer